top of page

Bearden School District partner with Today’s Power to install two campus-based solar arrays

Bearden School District Breaks Ground on Campus-Based Solar Systems

Bearden School Board & TPI Leadership breaking ground on future solar site

Bearden School Board & TPI Leadership breaking ground on future solar site

In conjunction with Bearden School District’s (BSD) monthly board meeting, a groundbreaking ceremony was held to announce the start of construction on two campus-based solar facilities that will supply roughly 90% of the school district’s energy.

The decision to go solar came shortly after South Central Service Cooperative’s (SCSC) announced its Camden-based solar project. Deciding to save with solar, BSD partnered with Today’s Power, Inc. (TPI) of North Little Rock to develop a 226-kW system near Bearden High school and a 195-kW solar system near the Bearden Elementary School cafeteria. BSD’s Superintendent, Denny Rozenberg, said the solar facility is one way in which the district can be fiscally responsible and energy friendly.

“The Bearden School District is very proud of the partnership agreement with Today’s Power to develop the first Solar Panel system for a public school district in South Arkansas, and it is estimated to save the Bearden School District over $25,000 a year in energy costs for the next 20 years.” He also said, “We greatly appreciate the insight of Ouachita Electric Cooperative General Manager, Mark Cayce, and South Central Educational Coop Director, Karen McMahen for providing this opportunity.”

The Bearden School Board, president Mrs. Doris Parham and Bearden Superintendent, Denny Rozenberg believe that this Solar Panel Project will be a great asset to the Bearden School District and lead the way for other schools in South Arkansas to develop solar power energy saving projects in the future.


Made up of 1,120 solar panels, the two solar arrays are projected to save Bearden School District approximately $25,000 annually. Through the solar array, Bearden Schools will generate approximately 646,000 kWh each year, and gather roughly 90 percent of its energy while Entergy will provide the remaining 10 percent of Bearden’s energy needs.

According to TPI President, Michael Henderson, “TPI is excited to play a role in helping to educate tomorrow’s leaders by lowering the cost of the educational process. The actions taken by the Bearden School Board and leadership team proves they are preparing for the Bearden students/community to be successful.”

Bearden School District 53 is a public school district based in Bearden, Arkansas. It is BSD’s vision and mission that each student in the Bearden School District is encouraged, motivated and prepared to achieve their current and future goals.


bottom of page